Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

Do you need a work visa if you are a foreign artist (not eligible for visa waiver) holding an art gallery showing in America? Works are eligible for sale through the gallery (wired to artist).

Asked on 5/26/17, 8:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul V. Suppicich Maney, Gordon, Zeller, P.A.

In some situations, a B1 Business Visitor visa may be an appropriate U.S. visa for an artist to come to the U.S. temporarily. An advantage to the B-1 visa is that unlike the O and P visas, no prior approval of a petition from USCIS is need for seeking a visa, which means shorter processing time and costs for applicants. This also means there does not need to be a U.S. employer or agent. A B-1 visa is appropriate for a professional artist who seeks to enter the U.S. temporarily to paint, sculpt, etc., but who is not under contract with a U.S. employer, receives no salary and who does not intend to sell such art-work regularly in the United States.

Read more
Answered on 5/26/17, 10:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida