Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

Insurance claim

My husband involved in an accident,,party that is responsible not responding to attempts by thier ins. Co. Totaled vehicle racking up storage fees,,,my husband need to get another vehicle,,do we need a lawyer???What happens if we cannot afford a lawyer...

Asked on 7/05/07, 10:52 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Ellis david Robert Ellis, P.A.

Re: Insurance claim

Was your Husband injured? If so, most attorney's would handle the property damage portion of his claim for no additional charge. If your Husband was not injured, then you would normally be required to pay an attorney if you wished to be represented to recover your property damage.

David R. Ellis

Read more
Answered on 7/05/07, 1:47 pm
Jacob Lieberman Lieberman Law Company

Re: Insurance claim

In the event there is no insurance for the vehicle, feel free to contact me. Otherwise if there is insurance. you should consult with a local attorney about your options.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/07, 7:27 pm
Michael Tobin Michael M. Tobin, P.A.

Re: Insurance claim

You have a duty to mitigate damages by getting car out of storage promptly.

If you have insurance on the car for collision, ignore the other party and make claim with your own company for a total loss less your deductible.

Read more
Answered on 7/05/07, 4:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida