Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

About two weeks ago I was involved in a fender bender (my Fault) there was minimal to none damage I suggested not to call the cops and go thru with my insurance the guy said no and call the cops when the officer arrive and talked to us and we made an agreement That I pay the guy $300 and I did.

Now Im getting a call from my insurance that there is a claim what can I do? And can I get my money back if the insurance does pay him?

Asked on 10/17/17, 9:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Not handled well by you. If the payment you made was clearly delineated as an expense associated with repairs, you may get a credit. You made "an agreement". Was it in writing? did it spell out all the terms? If not, you likely will have trouble unless the other person acknowledges receipt and what the money was intended for.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/17, 3:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida