Legal Question in International Law in Florida

what I can do ? My ex Husband sue My Son for gift money .My Son live in Europe he never be resident in US .My ex Husband use My friend address look like My Son permanent address .My Son never live there .. What I can do ?

Asked on 5/11/17, 6:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

He can't just sue an address. He would need to have your son served with any lawsuit personally. There are some treaties that determine how and if that can even be done and it mat even depend on which country your son lives in. It is not a simple or cheap process. Until your son is actually sued, I don't think there is anything for you to do.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/17, 6:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More International Law questions and answers in Florida