Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

After not being taken seriously by apartment complex, I Self obtained proof from licensed professionals that heavy mold and continuous humidity issue in AC system was making us very sick in rental since moving in two months ago. They are now offering to move us into a different apartment due to need of HVAC and ducting replacement, but are encouraged to leave all together. Staying in a hotel while fix is made is not an option they are willing to offer. Rentals in South Florida are hard to come by and pricing has gone through the roof.

What are my rights? Thank you kindly for any advice.

Asked on 1/20/22, 8:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You may apply for a reduction in rent. You can also start paying rent into Court Registry until mold is remediated.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/22, 12:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida