Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

How do I legally proceed with claims against my landlord for neglecting to address the issue I've been having with mold in my apartment?

Asked on 1/01/20, 8:50 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Your lease controls the repairs needed at your apartment. Have the lease reviewed with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 1/01/20, 9:58 am
Diane Downs DMD Law, P.A.

I assume you contacted the landlord. The next step would be to give him formal notice. However, you need to have your lease reviewed by an attorney and have your attorney proceed with the steps needed to take action against your landlord. I don't suggest you do it yourself. The statutes are specific on how to go about this, and if you fail to abide, you might not get the relief you seek.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/20, 10:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida