Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

Type Your Question Here...I moved from WI to FL after giving my landlord a legal 30+ day notice to vacate the residence. I was on a month-to-month lease. It was a contentious relationship thruout the 4+ years of living there. Out of spite my landlord filed a retalitory eviction notice with a court date impossible to meet because of my impending move. Unable to attend the court proceedings , I subsequently lost on a "default judgment". I intend to dispute this action. Can I retain a Florida attorney to do so on a WI judgment?

Asked on 11/23/23, 9:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


No. Not unless he/she has a license to practice in WI.

Read more
Answered on 11/24/23, 9:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida