Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Florida

My granddaughter had throat surgery in Georgia earlier this year, and after surgery, both of her lungs collapsed. It is known that the medical staff was at fault. My daughter will not seek legal assistance. Can I sue on my granddaughers behalf, because she suffered greatly, and I feel someone need to be held accountable. I live in Florida

Asked on 11/22/17, 5:20 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

If she does not want to sue and if she is an adult, then you may not sue on her behalf.

Read more
Answered on 11/22/17, 6:54 am
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

The case is in Georgia. You need an attorney up there. You have no grandparent right to sue in Florida.

Read more
Answered on 11/22/17, 7:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Florida