Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Florida

In November I divide I need to get glasses so I went to the eye Dr. I went to before, she did all the test she suppose to , she dilated my eyes. I was very excited to be getting new glasses, she said my new glasses would be ready in two weeks after I left there I couldn't see hardly thing, my husband said it would get , but it didn't , it kelp getting worse. I called her to tell her when she dilated my eyes, that I still couldn't see good, she made another appt , she went thru the same test. She said I had a wrinkle on my right eye. She send me to retinal Dr. Before i left the front. She told me that I had 20/20 and now I had 20/60. Before i went to her I could see very good, I went to the retinal dr. He said my retinal was good, but still could't see. So i called back down there, she send me to an ophthalmologist to seeif he could help, he done all the test and i could have cataract if i want, but i cannot afford it. Do i have enought problem to take her to court?

Asked on 2/03/18, 11:49 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Not likely unless some physician opines that the original doctor, optometrist?, did something wrong and this has caused you to have a permanent problems. Cataracts are caused by your genes and anatomy and not by the use of dilation medication. You need to inquire of the new doctors what caused the current problem. More details are needed. You said you were going to get new glasses and I assume your prescription was changing. You could not have 20/20 unless you meant after correction. These facts are inconsistent and/or confusing, at best. Get all your facts and inquire of the follow up physicians to get the answers you need. Seek legal advice once you have some conclusion.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/18, 12:03 pm
Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

Dilating your eyes would not have caused a cataract.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/18, 2:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Florida