Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

hey my name jessica my friends mom died on saterday as of today they can lay there mom to rest but they have too come up with 6000 befor can do it.she had 6 kids .her house was in forcloser but she had home owners incsurance will it cover the funarul because she i died in the house

Asked on 9/29/09, 5:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Roemer Robert Roemer

You need to ask you friend if her mom has credit life insurance(it might be on the purchase documents for the home) which should provide money to pay off her home. I don't think homeowners insurance covers her burial costs but look at the policy.

If you need an attorney you can e-mail me your phone number and I will call you.

Read more
Answered on 9/29/09, 5:33 pm
Robert Shapiro Robert D. Shapiro

Sorry to hear about your friend's mom and it makes me happy to know that she has a good friend like you helping her through this difficult time. I would also suggest calling Social Security at their toll-free number of (800) 772-1213 to see if she's entitled to death benefits either on her SS number or her husband if she was once married. Mr. Roemer has a good idea to see if her mom had credit life insurance which some people purchase when they buy a car or obtain a mortgage on the house. This type of insurance protects the bank and I'm sure Mr. Roemer would be happy to review whatever policies or information you can find.

Best wishes,

Bob Shapiro

Read more
Answered on 9/29/09, 5:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida