Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

My mother and grandmother were on a deed together for six years were my mother and father lived. About a month ago my uncle who is power of attorney for my grandmother somehow convinced my mom to quit deed her half. Now he filed an eviction notice to my father for 5 years rent payment to get him out of house. Three questions is it legal to do that with my mom's name on deed all but one month of ownership. My mom has not been of sound mind the past year due to a stroke and has been baker acted 2 times can we challenge it. Does my mom have to leave the house too since she is a spouse and not named as a defendant.

Asked on 9/16/22, 4:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

If you c an prof e your mom was a victim of undue influence or of unsound mind, you should move to set aside the deed.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/22, 5:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida