Legal Question in Traffic Law in Florida

How to find out if a county offers testimony in a "declaration;- written statement swearing you are telling the truth sometimes called a "trial by declaration". This would be for a non-moving traffic citation after a non-guilty plea and a trial date set. * county clerks office shows no information.

Asked on 9/03/19, 10:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

Florida allows you to submit a declaration of your version. Without you being there though, judges can't question you but they CAN hear from the officer involved. You'd be better off hiring an attorney because they can go to court for you. I suggest calling one from the county that this happened in.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/19, 11:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Florida