Legal Question in DUI Law in Georgia

I got caught smoking marijuana in a National Park. I also had an eighth of an ounce of marijuana in my possession. I was issued a ticket to appear in Federal Court, but didn't give me an option to pay a fine. Therefore, I am afraid to appear without representation, but cannot afford it at this time. My question would be: Can I plead no-low contender to avoid a big fine and/or jail time and do I need representation when I appear in court?

Asked on 7/16/10, 9:38 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

You cannot afford the possible consequences of not getting a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/10, 1:11 pm
Antonio Mari Mari Legal Group

You need to get a lawyer. If nothing else you should ask for the court to appoint one for you.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/10, 3:46 pm

Get a lawyer ASAP as violations in State or Federal Parks are crimes and you cannot do it alone

Read more
Answered on 7/16/10, 9:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Georgia