Legal Question in DUI Law in Georgia

I live in Georgia and have a public intoxication question. If I am in my home on my own property and someone sees me drinking a beer through a window or sees me in my garage drinking and they are driving down a public road can they call the police and get me charged with drinking in public?

Asked on 7/27/10, 5:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Since such ordinances are local and you did not say what city you are in (and ordinances vary by city), there is no way to answer you. (In most cities the answer is no, but that doesn't answer what the answer is in your city).

Read more
Answered on 8/01/10, 6:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Georgia