Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

What are the chances that my daughters ex boyfriend and father of her child will get custody after the child support hearing is over? He is not on the birth certificate, we have not spoken to him, we had to file for a paternity test (assuming he tries for custody later)? He is originally from New York, has a criminal record there and a warrant for his arrest there and she has proof of drug use both past and present (recently been told he is dealing and using heavier drugs, though she can't prove this). He has made it out to see his child once in almost 5 months, has no license because he can't get one due to issues in New York, no car, moved in with his mother recently.

Asked on 10/23/18, 10:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


You'll need to hire an attorney who does family law in your county ASAP

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 10/23/18, 11:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia