Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My child’s grandmother on his fathers side is asking for visitation rights. The father was never legitimized and my child has never lived with her. They are doing this because I am moving out of state with my husband who is in the military. I filed to dismiss how do u think the judge will handle it?

Asked on 6/05/18, 5:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

No lawyer could make a wild guess online with no facts, and we have none, but a pro se motion to dismiss has a snowball's chance in Hades. You should expect to likely do very badly without counsel and a motion to dismiss probably was not a smart strategy.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/18, 5:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia