Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I am the custodial parent for my children. I am the primary on medical. When my ex-husband takes the children to the doctor he updates the HIPPA information and does not list me as a parent at all. Today I called the doctors office to follow up on an email I received from my ex that he took my daughter to the doctor this weekend. I was told that they could not release any information to me because I was not listed on the HIPPA form. To add insult to injury, I was informed that the mother is his girlfriend. What legal rights do I have?

Asked on 11/16/15, 1:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


File motion for contempt (serve doctor and your ex's girlfriend with subpoena to testify at contempt hearing and ask for additional attorney fees)

Need more details ASAP


Read more
Answered on 11/17/15, 5:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia