Hello, I have a grandson who I feel that I need to obtain emergency custody of we live in Georgia
1) I or my sister always have him, his mother does not keep him for more then 2 3 days at one time.
2) I have pictures of belt marks on his lower back where mother/boyfriend hit him several different times.
3) She has now moved out of boyfriends mothers home into one of her on that she is unable to pay for due to she is on disability for mental issues has been since a minor.
4) The boyfriend was removed from the doctor's office due to foul mouth in a pediatrics office.
5) She refuses to allow for me to enroll him into pre k, she stated she was not ready for him to go to school.
6) She never wants him at her home she has refused to let me bring him home
7) I have many people who can witness to the bruises and neglect of my grandson who is only 4 years old.
8) He is already having bad behavoral problems
1 Answer from Attorneys
File emergency Temporary Protective Order ("TPO") for your grandson and ask for temporary custody
Get affidavits from witnesses to abuse and bring pictures of the bruises
It is free at your county Superior Court (they usually do TPOs at the Jail in larger counties)
Good luck and God Bless