Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Hello, my parents aren't exactly abusive of any sort but i don't want to live with them because they dont support me at all. they encourage me to make money because when i turn 16 i would like to be emancipated and moved out but they wont even drive me anywhere. I want to go live with my 20 yr old sister but i doubt my parents will let me stay with her because they think shes crazy and she has bipolar disorder and they dont relise what made her become bipolar. If i were to live her everything would be great and she supports me in everything i do. What should i do? What can i do? Thanks

Asked on 7/08/18, 5:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

There is zero chance your plan would ever be allowed by court. Emancipation which is almost never granted (and the few who succeed are usually 17) means you live in your own and pay everything yourself. It certainly never invludes living with s bipolar sibling. In fact you don't get to live with anyone else.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/18, 6:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia