Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

A man thought to be my father passed.

I have no proof other than; what my mother tells me; and the fact that it is understood by my sister who this man acknowledged as he child. How do I ensure I am formally made a part of the probating of his estate?

Asked on 10/05/10, 2:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

Hire a Georgia estates and trusts attorney, who can assist in protecting your interests, if any, in the estate.

Best of luck.******The above is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client privilege.********

Read more
Answered on 10/10/10, 2:45 pm
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

It would be very difficult to prove paternity after his death. It could be impossible. But step one is to hire a good probate lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/10, 3:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia