Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Hawaii

Excluding Wife From Will

I want to set up a Will and want to exclude my wife and include only my two grown children as beneficiaries equally. My wife is not a U.S. citizen but has Lawful Permanent Residense status. She does not want to be named in the Will nor does she desire any of my physical or monetary posessions. Can I proceed with constructing such a Will as if I were single with adult children?

Thank you for your response.

Asked on 6/06/06, 9:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jon Zahaby Tour bus, scenic and sightseeing, operation

Re: Excluding Wife From Will

I would do it by Trust or Joint Tenancy and have the wife sign a disclaimer of inheritance or elective share.

Thanks, Jon A. Zahaby

Read more
Answered on 6/06/06, 10:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Hawaii