Legal Question in Immigration Law in Idaho

will the uscis deport a green card holder for not reporting change of address for over 6months after moving to a new state? complication: wife has left our Ki visa marriage seeking divorce and only has green card and involves a fraudulent marriage.

Asked on 3/15/16, 5:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

No, USCIS will not deport someone for failing to file a change of address. However, if the person who entered on the K-1 never married the petitioner, then they will be considered out of status and they will not be eligible to change of adjust status at a later date. If they married the petitioner & got their greencard, then they still must file form I-751. It's complicated, & she is the one who needs to worry about her immigration consequences, not you, the U.S. citizen-petitioner. You should just focus on obtaining a family law attorney to represent you with the divorce. You an always report the alleged immigration fraud to USCIS. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 3/15/16, 9:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Idaho