Legal Question in Immigration Law in Idaho

Can a U.S. resident or citizen sponsor an alien who has a student visa so they can become a permanent resident? If so what are the conditions?

Asked on 8/09/11, 9:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dianne Brooks The Mandel Law Firm

A U.S. citizen can only petition for an relative (spouse, parent, child, sibiling) or if they own a business as an employer. A permanent resident can petition for a spouse or a child.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/11, 7:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Idaho