Legal Question in Immigration Law in Idaho

I would like to file for my citizenship.One of the questions am expected to fill in is my wife's status.Her i-130 form has been approved but she has overstayed her visa.How do I answer the question?thanks very much

Asked on 1/29/11, 5:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Attorney Caro Kinsella Law Offices of Caro Kinsella

On your naturalization application it is extremely important to answer all questions truthfully as otherwise your application could be denied.

Once you become a U.S. citizen then you can file the adjustment petition for your spouse and her unlawful presence is waived by virtue of her marriage to a U.S. citizen if she was lawfully admitted when she entered the U.S.

Good luck

Attorney Caro Kinsella

Read more
Answered on 1/29/11, 6:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Idaho