Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Illinois

My daughter has a son, she is currently in the Illinois prison system for 3 years. The father, not her husband wants to take the 18 month child out of state to live. What are my daughters rights to her son

Asked on 3/07/19, 5:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zedrick Braden III Ainsworth & Associates PC

Hello. The issue that comes to mind is whether there is a child custody case in progress. Since all of the facts are not in your post I am unable to give a complete answer, but I understand your concerns. Your daughter certainly needs legal representation with this right away. I realize that she is in the prison system now. She certainly has parental rights and any attempts by dad to take the child from the State, without a court authorization, should be reported to the police immediately.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/19, 10:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Illinois