Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Illinois

I paid for a trafic citation 12 yrs ago . I recieved a letter stating that i have not paid it. All of my records from 12 yrs ago have disposed of. can they come after me after 12 yrs. I have not gotten any notices in 12 yrs. I received citation in Florida and I live in ILL.

Asked on 2/16/19, 8:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg Shimberg and Crohn, P.C.

It is an issue of FL law, not Illinois. IL may have some type of reciprocity with FL that if you do not pay the ticket, IL can suspend your license. Check a FL legal question center

Read more
Answered on 2/17/19, 9:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Illinois