Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

Is it's possible to "change venue" from state to state? My spouse is facing a DUI in Illinois but we are residents of Washington State. Come next week I should have "technical" guardianship over her. She was already facing a felony charge in Illinois. This is a mental health issue not a criminal issue.

Asked on 6/21/17, 4:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

Not for a criminal or quasi-criminal charge. As a condition of your wife's bond, your wife will have to come to court for every court appearance, otherwise the judge will issue a warrant for her arrest. You need to hire a lawyer to represent your wife.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/17, 8:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois