Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

Hello, so recently it was discovered by a group of mine that there was an adult that was attempting to persuade underage minors (typically much younger than him, ranging from 12-16) to send explicit photos and videos of themselves to him. After learning this, my group contacted as many people as we could, that were effected by this. We collected quite a lot of substantial evidence, including his legal name, address, IP address, and the closest police department to him. We are conflicted on what we can do, should do, and if the person can even be prosecuted based off the evidence that we have. I've been researching laws, penalties, and fines all revolving around legal topics such as child enticement, and online solicitation of a minor. Being a minor myself, and residing in a different state along with many of my friends, we just need help and want to know what we can do.

Asked on 5/04/17, 2:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

If you think a crime has been committed, you need to file a police report.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/17, 4:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois