Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

Hello. I have a criminal case that was expunged in 2014 and was approved by the court. But, I have recently received a court notice appearance in the mail about my case. It was written that Illinois State Police would like to reconsider and vacate my expungement. What should I do from here on? Should I get a lawyer?

Asked on 7/11/16, 1:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Rosenblat Michael C. Rosenblat., P.C.

You should discuss this with a lawyer and have him review the letter you received, and any motions or other pleadings filed by the State Police. The lawyer will also want to review your original petition. If a petition to expunge was granted the records should have been destroyed.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/16, 2:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois