Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I filed for a divorce with children. We own 2 homes in different states. One in Texas which he is the borrower and I’m a co borrower, second is in Illinois our primary residence where I’m the borrower and he’s the co borrower although he pays th Morgage because he earns more than I do. The one in Texas is on lease. He doesn’t want to move after the divorce and I don’t want to live with him, can he get rights to live in his house? What are my chances of getting him out of the house? We initially agreed to do this alone without any lawyers, mutual agreement which we put on paper, now he finds himself a lawyer. Do I need to worry? What should I do? I just want a divorce and a peace of mind to take care of my children.

Asked on 4/02/20, 10:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

You can call me at 312-372-5600 to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/20, 2:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois