Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I have received a email stating that my ex husband was granted temporary custody of our six year old daughter. When he was granted this. He had appeared in court without me knowing. I was told that the information was sent out but I hadn’t received any of it. Now I’m told to go to court on Thursday to return the child to my ex husband. I was told I would be able to contest the ruling. I need to know that is it a chance that the judge will actually listen to my side. Or even consider the fact that I wasn’t even notified when this case started.

Asked on 6/18/18, 9:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

Yes, however, it is wise to hire an attorney to represent you on this matter. You can call me at 312-372-5600 to discuss further.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/18, 2:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois