Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Illinois

I have been dating a man since May of 2016. On Monday, I found a camera in his apt and on it was a video of us having sex - without my consent. I deleted the video but am unsure if there are other videos like this that he keeps or posts somewhere. I also found another camere hidden in his bedroom pointed at the bed. I live in Illinois - What are my legal options and what proof would I need? What possible "punishment" would he get if found "guilty?"

Asked on 11/23/16, 10:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zedrick Braden III Ainsworth & Associates PC

Hello. This is a very serious matter and I suggests that you immediately hire an attorney in the event it becomes necessary to seek a civil injunction against this individual to prohibit him from distributing the contents of this video. When and whether to take action will be up to you and your attorney. The process of seeking a civil injunction is very complicated and can be difficult, but an attorney is your best option. You certainly want to protect your privacy. I hope my comments are helpful to you.

Read more
Answered on 11/27/16, 10:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Illinois