Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Illinois

My son bought a car and paid cash the other party gave him the car and said he will get him the title. 3 years later I still have no title and now he wants more money. What can I do

Asked on 4/17/14, 6:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chen Kasher Chen Kasher

You can sue him for breach of contract/conversion of the title, but that is a bit expensive. What I would do is get an attorney to write him a simple letter stating that this was the deal and that he could end up in court. Often, that is enough to compel a rogue party to perform on their promise.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/14, 6:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Illinois