Legal Question in Immigration Law in Illinois

I had lost my OPT EAD card recently and I got it back today. However I had sent new I-765 application for replacement card. So can I cancel my new application for replacement card?

Asked on 7/11/16, 12:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You can write a letter to withdraw the I-765, but USCIS is going to have already cashed the check by the time you get the Receipt Notice. If your check has not been cashed yet, you can call your bank and cancel the check. If you paid some other way, you're going to be out of luck in getting the filing fee returned.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/16, 1:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Illinois