Legal Question in Employment Law in Illinois

my father got fired from his job of 25 years and replaced by a convicted/deported illegal alien with no permitt to work in the usa can he do anything ?

Asked on 10/13/09, 3:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sal Sheikh

I doubt blowing the whistle will get his job back.

Your Dad can try to file for unemployment comp or can start looking for a new job.

Generally Illinois is an "At will" employment state and an employee can be fired for any reason or no reason at all.

Read more
Answered on 10/20/09, 2:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Illinois