Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

I am selling my house to a lady on a contract written and notarized between the 2 of us. There are specific regulations to the contract in which she has broken most of them. I just want my house back.In the contract the buyer is to have insurance on the home which she does not. She is also to pay and keep paid property taxes, she has not paid one cent. Her rent is due on the 5th and is never paid on time, usually comes in a little here, a little there. I made the mistake of giving her a 10 day grace period which I thought by law I had to. So most of the time she will wait until the 15th. She has already been in court with the city over trash, debris, etc on the property which we agreed would not happen.I just want her gone... What can I do?

Asked on 10/12/17, 1:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Moens Moens Law Offices, Chartered

The first thing an attorney will need to do is review your contract. Depending on how long it has been in effect and how much she has paid, you may have to foreclose rather than forfeit. Do not under any circumstances attempt any self-help, such as changing locks, removing her belongings, turning off utilities, etc. A real estate or real estate litigation attorney in your area can assist you.

Read more
Answered on 10/12/17, 2:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois