Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Illinois

Unfortunately my mom has passed away. I am a legal adult who lived with her as a caretaker for years. My mom has been legally married for the last 8+ years to someone she was estranged from. Do I have any rights to keep my house? None of the bills are in either of our names.

Asked on 5/15/20, 1:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steve Raminiak Law Offices of Steve Raminiak, P.C.

You may qualify for a claim against her Estate called the custodial caregiver's claim. This depends on a number of factors. Feel free to call me if you'd like to discuss this further.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/20, 12:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Illinois