Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

I work in a hospital and I hurt my back crawling on a cement floor putting cell slides away on August 23rd the same day I told my Supervisor. My Supervisor told me to tell my other Supervisor and he was no where to be found. I went to the prompt care that night due not being able to walk or straighten my back and excessive pain. I was told on 9/7/2018 that I didn't follow the proper follow through. Monday I called into work due to not being able to work and then went Human Resources and filled out a MIdas Application for the incident report and then went to Health Occupation. This what Human Resources told me to do. My question is this, how do I find out if I still have a Workman Compensation Case. My Case Worker told me to continue with Health Occ and Physical Therapy. Well I don't want to be stuck with $1000s of dollars due a MRI and Physical Therapy. Both my Supervisor's have been harassing me as well. Need your opinion and advice. Thank you in advance.

Asked on 9/09/18, 8:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Henry Repay Law Offices of Henry Repay

You should be able to pursue a Workers' Compensation claim, but you will always fair better with representation and in this case that is already clear. There are well-recommended attorneys to handle this case in your area. Follow your treatment recommendations, but call for a consultation promptly.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/18, 3:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois