Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in

We are living in a old house in Mumbai which was rented by my grandfather. My dad was born in that house 80 years ago. The rent receipt is in my and one uncle's name who is no more. His son has moved out from this house. The landlord has stopped issuing rent receipts to us. He never visits us nor does he pay water bills as he has migrated to Australia. The electricity bill is on my dad's and one uncle's name. The landlord does not carry out any maintainance to the house. We have spent a lot of money to maintain the same. Now we want to move out from this house. Can I sell my tenancy rights? If yes then what is the procedure. Thanks.

Asked on 2/20/11, 11:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Professor SOMNATH MUKHERJEE MUKHERJEE ASSOCIATES(Cell +91 9874753359/ 9477781578)

it is depend upon the state laws so please contact to the local advocate.

Read more
Answered on 2/21/11, 6:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in