Legal Question in Business Law in Indiana

Limited Liabilty Corporations and EINs

I have been a sole proprietor in my psychology practice, using my EIN for clients to get reimbursement for their counseling sessions. I recently became an single member LLC, and wonder if I need to get a new EIN for the LLC, and use that instead of my current EIN. My LLC name is different than my practice name. Thank you.

Asked on 8/22/07, 10:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: Limited Liabilty Corporations and EINs

Yes, since the new LLC is a new legal entity, it must have its own EIN. You can obtain one immediately from the IRS website. Google "IRS EIN" for the online application.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/07, 11:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Indiana