Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

what rights do grandparents have in the state of INDIANA

Asked on 11/16/09, 12:28 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

You need to be more specific. However,you might look at my prior questions answered as I have answered similar questions with more facts being provided a number of times over the last three years.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/09, 4:31 pm
Jorge GEORGE Rodriguez Law Offices of Jorge "George" Rodriguez

In Indiana grandparents may request visitation by filing a petition if a parent is deceased, the marriage terminated or where a child is born out of wedlock - paternity has been established

Grandparents have to show that visitation is in the child's best interest. The child may be interviewed in order to help make this determination. Grandparents should show they've had "meaningful contact" with the grandchild or attempts to have "meaningful contact."

See IC 31-17-5 or a locally licensed attorney who practices in the area of family law.

Read more
Answered on 11/22/09, 2:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana