Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

My 66 year old father is on much needed oxygen. He lives in an Indiana hud apartment bldg. This past july air conditioning went out. He became over heated and could not breath. He called 911 and went to the hospital. He does not remember any of this. I brought him home and they gave him a window fan. Then the electricity went out through the bldg. He again dialed 911 and they rushed him to the hospital again since his oxygen is electric he was slowly losing his life Three days later i picked him up. He was not the same man. he is now a shell of the man he once was. should we hire an attorney?

Asked on 10/20/18, 7:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

You could consult with an attorney. But the case would require that you prove some fault on the part of the landlord and that it was the cause of his decline. This takes expensive expert medical opinion. Just because electricity fails, doesn’t necessarily mean that someone is at fault for it.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/18, 6:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana