Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

co guardians

if me and my husband are co guardians of my 16 yearolds money he received when he was a baby do to car acindent can we use some of it to pay off bills if our son saids it ok

Asked on 5/03/07, 2:50 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: co guardians

Your son is legally incompetent to consent to the use of those funds to pay of your debts. However, you could ask the probate judge in your county if it would be OK. Such requests are usually denied, but if you can convince the judge that the debts were for your son's benefit, then it might be approved. But since the chances are that the request would be denied, with umbrage, then you might want to look for other ways to pay the debt. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/07, 5:18 pm
Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Re: co guardians

no,absent a court order

Read more
Answered on 5/03/07, 9:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana