Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

Lost wages

My wife was injured in a auto accident. Before accident she worked part time and was a housewife. How do we put a dollar figure on here house wife duties. Also loss of companionship?

Asked on 12/18/06, 9:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Re: Lost wages

Your question is simple, but the answer is not. It is not very likely that an insurer will give you much value for the the loss of services and companionship unless you have an attorney. The valuation of these items of damages is generally beyond the scope of a layperson's ability to present a case. Medical bills and lost time is easy, the value of pain and suffering and loss of services and companionship is much more difficult and are rather case specific. It takes years of legal expereince learn how to evaluate these items. I suggest that you obtain an attorney. The injury victim almost always comes out ahead with expereinced counsel.

Read more
Answered on 12/18/06, 10:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana