Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

My Father's name is on my Sisters house which she paid in full for. He wants her to sign a quit claim deed and transfer the home to her.Is this the only form she has to sign to gain the warranty deed in her name? Lake County, Indiana

Asked on 3/12/12, 10:12 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

A warranty deed is different than a quit claim deed. A warranty deed transferring the title frm him to her will do the trick.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/12, 10:59 am
C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Your query has some internal inconsistencies, so I suggest you stop monkeying around and take a little bag of money with all your documents to a lawyer. As Mr. Rigdon indicates, if your father wishes to place the property entirely in your sister's name, then it is your father who must sign the conveyance. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/12, 3:12 pm
Voyle A. Glover Attorney at Law

First of all, HE has to sign the Quit Claim Deed, not her. He is the one to convey the property, not her. But a simple answer to your question is "yes," a Quit Claim deed will transfer his interest in the property to your sister. But, suggest he and she meet with a lawyer to do it, to make sure that they get done what they want done. Sometimes playing lawyer with these kinds of issues can backfire and have unintended consequences.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/12, 8:23 pm
Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

I agree with the other attorneys. You mention a number of inconsistent items as a quit claim deed is not the same as a warranty deed. You should see an attorney. Based now hat you have stated, it will not be very expensive for what you are asking.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/12, 5:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana