Legal Question in Tax Law in Indiana

I have been with my boyfriend for 10 yrs we are both 50, he owes back taxes $20,000 plus he got some help through a company and is starting his payments 400 to 600 a month. We want to get married but neither of us want this to affect me or my credit. We live in my home its in my name . And if we can how does this affect filing our taxes if we were married?

Asked on 9/29/10, 4:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

You are not responsible for his debt. Be sure to hire an attorney to draft a prenuptial agreement so that your assets are kept seperate.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/10, 6:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Indiana