Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

If my husband lives in Iowa currently with my children but is moving to Nebraska Tomorrow, he has filed for Legal seperation to gain custody, ( no residency required, one year for divorce), Can I file for Divorce in Iowa given that we all lived here and its a Divorce not legal seperation I am filing and this is our home state.

Asked on 12/04/19, 1:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

I'm not quite sure which state you're residing in and your zip code puts you in northwest washington. Where is the separation action filed?

Read more
Answered on 12/04/19, 10:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa