Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Kansas

We put money down on a place and found out later that we had been lied to about the acreage? We were told that there were two acres and then the appraiser told us that there was only .80 acre. We were planning on using the acreage as an income producer and we told them that we could not pay that much money for something that was not even there and offered less money. We were never told that the seller apparently did not accept that offer and I received an "Agreement to Rescind" on my email. We are not signing it, because we did nothing wrong and we feel that they should return our earnest money. We just need to know where we stand and what we can do? Thank you for your time.

Asked on 8/31/15, 5:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

You need to gather your documents and go see a real estate practice attorney in the area. You need consultation based upon your exact documents, not general speculation based upon your description if the situation.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/31/15, 6:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Kansas