Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Kansas

i am asking about a Kansas procedural question. At the end of a Adverse Possession/Quiet Title suit what happens? Does a Judge rule and both parties have to sign a new deed for the property lines as ruled by the judge? Does a ruling require a simple filing? Can one party still cause a problem for the other by refusing to sign, or refusing to co-operate? Can anyone explain what is likely to happen at the end of the trial?

Thank You

Asked on 7/13/15, 5:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Adverse pissession isnt a claim by a plaintiff, but rarher a defense raised by a squatter defendant. If the squatter prevails, a notice or copy of the determination is filed with the Recorder of Deeds. Continued disputes as to use or infringement/encroachment / trespassing are handled like any other, except there is no.longer doubt as to who owns the property.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/15, 2:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Kansas