Legal Question in Disability Law in Kentucky

I Live in Indana but I worked in Lousville, KY I have workers comp lawyer , but not getting work comp pay. under doctor care and was fired cause they decided. they could meet my accommodations while the doctor had me off work.had MRI done found something wrong with neck causing all my pain that is why the doctor had me off work. then they fired me. on 06/7/2011 .they said it was cause i did not show up. but I think they fired cause of my injury cause they told me that I could not proof discrimation. but I had a doctor note having me off work. I have been off 1/25/20011to 03/28/2011 was took bad off work on 04/14/2011 cause of the pain I was having. thehard time doing the job that H.R. and my supervior had me doing.. told them i was having hard time and i was going back to the doctors and they said all kinds of thing to me and got me so upset cause the job they was having me do was causing alot of pain in neck and shoulder. so the doctor took be off work. beed off since wanting to know if there is anything i can do. trying to find out if I can file for my long term disability from there since I need get hurt on the job. THANKS KIM P.

Asked on 6/30/11, 9:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Patricia Abell Abell Law Office

Your first step should be to call your worker's comp lawyer and tell him or her what happened. They should be able to advise you about a possible retaliatory discharge claim or at least point you in the right direction. Based upon your question there are also several other possible claims which should be evaluated by a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/11, 12:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Kentucky